Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Responsibilities, New Priorities

It's amazing how priorities change with age. I'm not saying that it's unexpected but it seems as though it happens overnight. One year I'm trying to figure out which club to go to on a Friday night and the next I can't wait for Friday to roll around when I can put on some comfy clothes, open a nice bottle of wine and curl up in front of the t.v. with my boyfriend ~ that is true bliss for me. Unfortunately, with how busy we are all of the time relaxing on the couch is a rarity.

Last weekend was filled with going to bed early Friday night, not out of want but out of need from being totally exhausted from the work week, waking up and heading to see our house developer, running some errands and doing other odds and ends. If you relay this weekend's events to someone in their 20's they will probably look at you like you're dull and perhaps even boring. It's strange though, despite the errands and chores I had a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again! Next weekend moving love seats to be recovered ~ and yes I can't wait!

2 comments:

Saver Queen said...

Is it sad that I am in my late 20s and totally can relate about what constitutes a good weekend? Going to bed early, going grocery shopping, clipping coupons and doing baking to me is a great weekend. My 19 year old self would be pittying me!

Anonymous said...

I think what we determine to be a great weekend is up to us. If you are doing what makes you happy then that's all that matters :)