Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You Have The Power

You have the power to change your life at any point in time. You are the one who is setting the course that your life is taking.

I hear so many people complain about situations they find themselves in. I myself am guilty of doing this at time. Sometimes I let my mindset become so extreme that I actually say out loud to myself "I hate my life!" which is so very far from the truth. It is terrible for me to say something like that because I am very fortunate to have the life that I have. I just let frustrations mount and that is the end result of my build up. As soon as it is out of my mouth I stop myself and think how very wrong my statement is and that I'm just frustrated with the situation.

Everyone needs to realize that we are all in a position to determine how we want to live our lives. If you are not happy with your job you do have the power to not go. I'm sure you may be saying "of course I need to go to work". My answer to you is no, you don't need to go to work if you hate your job, but you will need to adjust your life, to make changes so you can survive without having to go to work. Or you have the power to expand your knowledge and skill base so you can get a new job. What I am saying is that we all have the power to make decisions that will change our life!

Choose the life you want to live and take the steps you need to take to start living that life. If you are in a situation that is making you unhappy do something about it! Sitting back and being passive about your situation will not do anything to help improve it.

Like Nike says ~ just do it! Take your inner power and make a change for the better. You owe it to yourself!

No comments: