Friday, December 5, 2008

I Don't Care

When I say that I don't care I'm often not intending to be negative, in fact for me saying that 'I don't care' is very liberating because I am comfortable with myself and who I am! I no longer feel the need to do things to impress others, to gain their 'buy in' or hope that they'll like me ~ I have come to realize that the only person whose opinion matters is mine and that's a great feeling!

I have a Christmas Party to go to tonight, our first one of the season. I am tired, it's Friday and it's been a long week, as most weeks typically are! My cousin seems to enjoy entertaining on Friday nights because most times that we are invited over it's a Friday night! Perhaps that's because she doesn't need to leave her house until close to 8 a.m. on the weekdays and she's typically home around 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. Believe me I am not ragging on her about her schedule, in fact I am envious ~ the length of her entire day, including commute time, is the total amount of time that I'm at the office for ~ 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday! I am pooped! On a Friday night I want nothing more than to go home, put on some comfy clothes and curl up on the couch with the bf. She is my cousin however and we do need to go to the party tonight ~ I even baked Creamy Lemon Squares to take ~ yum! Our plan is to arrive around 8 p.m. and leave around 10 p.m. Yes it does sound like a short visit but I'm pooped and frankly I don't care if others judge me for only going for a short period of time!

It is nice to have this feeling of confidence inside of me! This feeling that it is my life and I can make all of the decisions for myself and should be the only one to make the decisions about my life! I think it takes a while to get to this point but boy-oh-boy do I love being here!

Thank you for the confidence 30's!

No comments: